Thursday 26 January 2012

Up In The Air

We got the kite out for another fly down at the park. The big kites were out along the beach have a run in the around 20knt winds.

We got a little bit more adventurous this time. I decided to wear some gloves so i could hold the bar a bit better and boots and be more confidant with my footing, the ground is a bit rough at the park.

Launching was a heap easier, but we still put it up near the edge of the wind window
Here it is just sitting nicely about 5 mtrs above the ground

. It's really stable and has heaps of power, maybe a bit too much as when i get it in the power zone straight down wind it rips at you. I ebnded up on my face almost once. At least i let go of the bar when i was about to drop ( maybe a bit late) . It floated to the ground and once i dusted off it relaunched easily.

Here is me just having a quiet relax.

Nah i was actually practising pulling myself up. I am around 90kilos and it did it easily in 20 knts.

Here is a video of mt doing that and of my youngest holding on too, she got lifted a couple of times slightly and i was holding on fairly tightly.

She is loving it and you can see how easily it picked me up from flat on the ground.

Thats all for now, cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment